Elder listed some of the “classic” indicators of drug-seeking behavior. They include the following:
- Complaining of headaches.
- Complaining of back pain.
- Complaining of dental pain.
- Requesting medication by name.
- Requesting a refill of medications.
- Reporting medications as having been lost or stolen.
- Reporting 10 out of 10 pain.
- Reporting greater than 10 out of 10 pain.
- Reporting being out of medication.
- Requesting medications parentally, which essentially means intravenously.
Filed under: Uncategorized |