From the Mercury News:
In the mid-1980s, emergency room physician Robert Norris was working at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, when a patient came in with a rattlesnake bite — and the snake. Always fascinated with snakes, Norris had an understanding commander who allowed him to keep the snake, and started a collection outside the hospital in what was known by Norris and his colleagues as “the pit.”
Although his collection of snakes has thinned down over the years, Norris’ fascination with snakes has never waned. Today Norris is an internationally recognized expert on venomous snakebites, professor of surgery and chief of the division of emergency medicine at Stanford University, and former editor in chief of the journal Wilderness & Environmental Medicine.
Filed under: Uncategorized |