The family of a three-year-old boy from Murrieta, California, became alarmed when they couldn’t rouse him from a 15-hour sleep before realizing the toddler had consumed several of his grandmother’s special “space cookies.”
The unidentified woman, a cancer patient, said she has a prescription for medical marijuana to treat pain and insomnia related to her condition. She told police she uses chocolate chip cookies laced with THC oil as a sleep aid.
The family believes the boy, who was being watched by an aunt at the time, must have made his way to the refrigerator in the garage where grandma keeps her stash. Crumbs found on the garage floor by the boy’s father appear to confirm this.
Filed under: Uncategorized